Join us for an exciting catastrophe drill with participation of Emergency Medical Services from all over Europe as well as Spanish Army, Police, and Fire Brigades. The great catastrophe drill will take place on the second day of EMS2019 and all EMS2019 delegates can join.
- Place: Cuatro Vientos Military Air Base (click here for directions)
- Date: 27 April 2019
- Time: 19:00. The doors of the Military Base will be closed one hour before the start of the drill at 18:00
- Approximate time of completion: 20:30
- Due to the security conditions of the Military Base, it is essential to be accredited to access the site. The accreditation will be delivered at the EMS2019 venue.
- For security reasons, access with private vehicles to the “Cuatro Vientos” Air Base is not allowed.
- Tip: It is necessary to adequately protect from the sun and maintain a good hydration, or if it rains, use waterproof or layer.
Information about the drill
- Incident of multiple victims with several simultaneous centers of action
- Unknown script for the participants
- More than 500 interveners
- Special effects during the development of it
- Participating institutions:
- Spanish and European Emergency Medical Services
- Spanish Army
- National and Local Police Corps, including Special Intervention Units
- Local and Airport Fire Brigades
- Social services
- Logistical support services
How to participate as a European EMS provider?
All European EMS providers can participate in the drill under the following conditions:
- You will have to bring your own ambulance to Madrid
- All team members must be registered for EMS2019
- The team must come uniformed
- All transfer costs will be borne by each EMS
- The congress organisers will be responsible for guarding the ambulance
- Participants must attend at all times to the chain of command of those responsible for the drill
For more information, please contact SAMUR – Protección Civil: