Emergency Medical Services Copenhagen
The Emergency Medical Services Copenhagen is an independent company, part of the Capital Region and established in 2011. EMS Copenhagen is responsible for a number of cross-disciplinary emergency functions in the Capital Region:
- Emergency Medical Dispatch center (112) with call-taking of emergency medical calls and dispatching resources.Dispatching and control center for ambulances (emergency care and patient transfer) with emergency medical technicians, paramedics and Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS).
- Physician manned mobile emergency critical care units.
- Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS)
- Prehospital psychiatric care unit
- Transport of lying patients
- Physicians for home visits for patients as an out-of-hours primary care service.
- A medical call center for referral and admission to emergency departments, admission to hospitals and medical advice services for all citizens (phone number 1813). Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS)
- Medical preparedness, responsibility for coordination of medical preparedness in the Capital Region on behalf of all hospitals and EMS. The major incident command center of the Capital Region is part of the Emergency Medical Dispatch Center and so is planning and executing medical preparedness in the Capital Region.
The Capital Region of Denmark
EMS Copenhagen is part of The Capital Region of Denmark.
The Capital Region of Denmark has the primary responsibility for the overall health service in the Capital Region, as well as for a number of social institutions.
Together with the municipalities, the business community and various organizations, the region is also responsible for ensuring development and growth in areas such as business, education, transport and climate.
The Capital Region of Denmark conducts extensive research and innovation activities to develop the health service and generate growth in the region. The hospitals and universities in The Capital Region of Denmark are home to a number of environments at the cutting edge of global research and the development of new treatments.