We are pleased to announce this Call for Abstract for the Fifth European Emergency Medical Services Congress, EMS2022, taking place in Glasgow, Scotland 4-6 May 2022.
With an expected number of attendees close to 1,500, EMS2022 is a large and important educational and scientific event in the international EMS community. The target audience of the congress is researchers and pre-hospital and emergency health care professionals such as medical directors, physicians, paramedics, dispatchers, nurses and management.
Abstracts can be submitted through our electronic abstract submission system until 5 January 2022.
Submit your abstract here.
Information about Abstract Submission
Submitted abstracts will be assessed by peer review by the EMS2022 Abstract Committee. The Abstract Committee will assess all abstracts with focus on the following five aspects:
- Topic (relevance, originality)
- Aim (accurately defined)
- Methods (adequate statistics, clear description, ethical issues)
- Results (well supported, relevance)
- Conclusion (based on findings and aims)
Only abstracts which follow the submission guidelines and are received before deadline will be taken into consideration by the Abstract Committee.
For the EMS2022 there will be held an entirely new abstract process. Therefore, abstracts accepted for the EMS2020 will not automatically be transferred for presentation at the EMS2022. However, you are welcome to send the same abstract again. Only abstracts where the paper has not been published at the abstract submission deadline, are accepted for review. If the abstract (paper) is accepted for publication after submission deadline, it is still possible to present the abstract at the EMS2022.
Accepted abstracts will be presented as a poster and the 50 highest ranked abstracts will also be published online in the international journal BMJ Open.
The 5 best abstracts will be selected to the EMS2022 Best Abstract Competition presented Friday 6 May 2022. Speakers will be given 10 min. to present their abstract followed by 5 min. questions from the audience. The winner will receive the EMS2022 Best Abstract Award and a money prize of 1,000 EUR. Furthermore, an Abstract Audience Award will be given to the best presentation.
The 6 most innovative abstracts will be selected for oral presentation at the New & Innovative Abstracts session. Speakers will be given 7 min. to present their abstract followed by 3 min. questions from the audience.
The Abstract Submission deadline is 5 January 2022.
You will receive information about acceptance of your abstract 28 January 2022 and in due time to register at the early bird rate.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English
- Your abstract must not exceed 260 words (incl. title and excl. references and affiliations)
- The main text of the abstract must follow the structure: title, background, method, results and conclusion.
- The abstract shall include name of authors in the following form: Initial(s) and Surname
- The abstract shall include affiliation, including country of each author. Author affiliations are indicated by superscript numbers e.g. F. Moran1, J. Bradley2. 1University of Ulster, N. Ireland; 2Belfast City Hospital, N. Ireland.
- You can include up to 3 references No table, figure or image can be included in the abstract
- The presenting author must register to the congress to be included in the final program.
- The abstract must not be based on already published studies. If the abstract (paper) is accepted for publication after submission deadline, it is still possible to present the abstract at the EMS2022.
- Authors are asked to submit abstracts under one of the following categories:
- Interventions and diagnostics
- Cardiac arrest
- Pain and trauma
- Staffing and specific diseases
- Quality improvement and organization
- Dispatch and triage
We recommend that you prepare the content of your abstract in another editor (Word, TextEdit, etc.). You can use all classic fonts because the text will automatically be formatted when submitted.
Submit your abstract here.