Call for abstracts for the European Congress EMS2018
Share your research findings! We invite authors to submit abstracts for poster presentation at the European Emergency Medical Services Congress, EMS2018 in Copenhagen.
Through innovation, involvement and a creative approach, this international congress will provide the latest knowledge, showcase the newest equipment and demonstrate best practices in the area of emergency care: From the citizen’s emergency call, through the emergency medical dispatch process, the pre-hospital care by doctors, paramedics and nurses and finally the emergency care in the emergency department.
Share your research findings and expertise with your colleagues
With an expected number of attendees close to 1.500, EMS2018 is a large educational and scientific event in the international EMS community. The target audience of the congress is researchers, pre-hospital and emergency health care professionals such as medical directors, physicians, paramedics, dispatchers, nurses and management.
Participants interested in giving an oral poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract.
Selected papers will be published in an online international peer reviewed journal.
Furthermore the best abstracts are invited to speak at the session “Best Abstracts – Oral Presentation”. A session where each speaker will be given 8 minutes to present their abstract and afterwards there will be questions from the audience. The winner will be selected by a committee and announced at the EMS2018 Closing Ceremony.
Also the 5 most innovative abstracts will be invited to speak at the session “Most Innovative Abstracts”. A session where each speaker will be given 8 minutes to present their abstract and afterwards there will be questions from the audience.
Welcome to the EMS2018 Abstract Submission.
You can upload your abstract here. Your abstract will be forwarded to the EMS2018 Abstract Committee, who will assess the submitted abstracts. The abstract committee will assess all abstract with focus on the following five aspects:
- Topic – (relevance, originality)
- Aim – (accurately defined?)
- Methods – (relevance, clearly described?, ethical problems?)
- Results – (reporting, adequate statistics?)
- Conclusion – (based on findings and aim?)
Only abstracts which follow the submission guidelines and are received before deadline will be taken into consideration by the Abstract Committee.
Accepted abstracts will be presented as a poster and selected papers will also be published in an online international peer reviewed journal.
Furthermore the 8 best abstract are invited to speak at the session “Best Abstracts – Oral Presentation”. A session where each speaker will be given six minutes to present their abstract and afterwards there will be questions from the audience.
The Abstract Submission deadline is on the 15th January 2018.
You will receive information about acceptance of your abstract for presentation in the beginning of February. If you abstract adhere to the submission guidelines you will be given a link with a discount code so that you are able to buy your EMS2018 ticket at the Early Bird rate. This goes for both accepted and non-accepted abstracts. You will have to activate the link no later than the 15th February 2018.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English
- Your abstract must not exceed 260 words (incl. title and excl. references and affiliations)
- The main text of the abstract must follow the structure: title, background, method, results and conclusion.
- The abstract shall include name of authors in the following form: Initial(s) and Surname
- The abstract shall include affiliation, including country of each author. Author affiliations are indicated by superscript numbers e.g. F. Moran1, J. Bradley2. 1University of Ulster, N. Ireland; 2Belfast City Hospital, N. Ireland.
- You can include up to 3 references
- No table, figure or image can be included in the abstract
- The presenting author of accepted abstracts must register to the congress to be included in the final programme
- The abstract must not be based on already published studies
We recommend that you prepare the content of your abstract in another editor (Word, TextEdit, etc.) You can use all classic fonts because the text will automatically be formatted when submitted.
Published abstracts from EMS2017
You can find the published EMS2017 abstracts here.