Share your research findings! We invite authors to submit abstracts for poster presentation at the Fourth European Emergency Medical Services Congress, EMS2019, in Madrid this Spring.
With an expected number of attendees close to 1,500, EMS2019 is a large and important educational and scientific event in the international EMS community. The target audience of the congress is researchers, pre-hospital and emergency health care professionals such as medical directors, physicians, paramedics, dispatchers, nurses and management.
Abstracts can be submitted through our electronic abstract submission system until 1 February 2019.
Information about Abstract Submission
Submitted abstracts will be forwarded to the EMS2019 Abstract Committee, who will review the abstracts. The Abstract Committee will assess all abstract with focus on the following five aspects:
- Topic (relevance, originality)
- Aim (accurately defined?)
- Methods (relevance, clearly described?, ethical problems?)
- Results (reporting, adequate statistics?)
- Conclusion (based on findings and aim?)
Only abstracts which follow the submission guidelines and are received before deadline will be taken into consideration by the Abstract Committee.
Accepted abstracts will be presented as a poster and selected papers will also be published in an online international peer reviewed journal.
Furthermore, the 8 best abstract are invited to speak at the session “Best Abstracts – Oral Presentation”. A session where each speaker will be given six minutes to present their abstract and afterwards there will be questions from the audience. Please note that only abstracts presented in English can be part of the Best Abstract competition.
The Abstract Submission deadline is 1 February 2019.
You will receive information about acceptance of your abstract for presentation in mid-February and in due time to register at the early bird rate.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English
- Your abstract must not exceed 260 words (incl. title and excl. references and affiliations)
- The main text of the abstract must follow the structure: title, background, method, results and conclusion.
- The abstract shall include name of authors in the following form: Initial(s) and Surname
- The abstract shall include affiliation, including country of each author. Author affiliations are indicated by superscript numbers e.g. F. Moran1, J. Bradley2. 1University of Ulster, N. Ireland; 2Belfast City Hospital, N. Ireland.
- You can include up to 3 references
- No table, figure or image can be included in the abstract
- The presenting author of accepted abstracts must register to the congress to be included in the final programme
- The abstract must not be based on already published studies
- Abstracts can be presented in English or in Spanish. Only presentations in English can be part of the Best Abstract competition
We recommend that you prepare the content of your abstract in another editor (Word, TextEdit, etc.). You can use all classic fonts because the text will automatically be formatted when submitted.
Published abstracts from EMS2018